Maffra’s Cloth-Aged Cheddar is our multi-award winning cheddar. It has sweet upfront notes with complex after tones, and is matured to an optimal age of between 15 months to two years sleeping peacefully in the temperature-controlled maturing rooms on the farm. The cheese is ripened under cloth to allow for a thin rind to form and maximum moisture to be retained. Serve with any wine of your choice.
- Champion Cheddar, Australian Grand Dairy Awards, 2002
- Grand Champion, Australian Specialist Cheesemakers’ Association, 2005
- Gold Medals, Australian Specialist Cheesemakers’ Association, 2001, 2004-2007, Melb 2009 & 10, Sydney 2009 & 11
- Gold Medal, World Cheese Awards, 2012, Birmingham UK
- Best Australian Cheese, International Cheese Awards, 2013 & 2014